Koka is a function-oriented strongly typed language that separates pure values from side-effecting computations.
(The word 'Koka' (or 効果) means 'effect' or 'effective' in Japanese)
Build and run it
First install some pre-requisites:
- Install TortoiseHg for mercurial version control.
- Install the Haskell Platform to build the compiler (version 7.4 or later).
- Install Node for running Koka programs (version 0.10 or later).
- We recommend the excellent SublimeText text editor for developing Koka programs.
Then get the compiler and libraries, and build them:
- hg clone https://hg.codeplex.com/koka (clone the
- cd koka (go to the new Koka directory)
- npm install (install needed Node libraries)
- jake (build the compiler and run the Koka interactive environment)
See the readme
for an example session in the interactive environment.